View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

does he have to move out to recover? If not, how do we coexist?
I personally cannot and will not live with a practicing alcoholic or addict. My peace and serenity are just too important to me to accept any of that nonsense. I have found it very difficult to actually live with someone who is "trying" to recover. They are just as unpredictable and volatile. Life is just too chaotic and I panic way too much because I can see everything they are doing, and I cannot control anything. They do not listen, which makes me angry, and then I get bossy, and at times get so angry I scream and yell. Life just $ucks living with an alcoholic or drug addict.

IMO, the question is not whether or not he has to move out in order for HIM to recover, it is whether or not he has to move out in order for YOU to recover. Whose life are you living? His or yours? What difference has ANYTHING you have done to "support" or "help" him, made in his sobriety? Honestly, NONE of them need ANY of us to get sober and stay sober. They don't need our "support" or our "help." We can call it whatever we want but in the end, our "help" is just us not minding our own business.

Take care of yourself.