View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

This is not the first time she has don't something like this or just plain refuses to abide by house rules. There have been two incidents in the past week in which she got physically aggressive with me. She also lies constantly....con artist style. At what point do I say enough is enough?

Now sounds like an excellent time! Disrespecting house rules is bad enough, but when they become physically aggressive? That's the end of the road as far as I'm concerned.

I can't tell you what to do, but having been in a similar situation not too long ago, I'll tell you what I did. I told her to find another place to live. She begged. She cried. She pleaded. She promised she would change. Yes, it tore my heart out, but I remained steadfast and she went to live with her dad in another town about 2 hours away. She never liked her dad and she absolutely HATED living with him, but it was the kick in the butt she needed to straighten herself out.

That was a little over a year ago and now she is stable, working and starting college in a couple of weeks.

Your results may vary, but unless you want to keep going through this crap with her, you need to make some changes.