View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chakra

Question Dude, where's my car?

This is day 11. Today is particularly tough not because I feel like drinking but because its tough in general. There are situations that I am pondering that maybe you can provide some advice for.

#1. My daughter. She turned 18 in May and still lives with me. She dropped out of school in the 11th grade....pretending to go everyday. She joined me here in Arkansas and got a couple of jobs she has since lost. Needless to say, I am fully supporting her. I got a new/used vehicle before she had quit school so she could use the one I was driving. There is a history of pills and pot usage but I'm not sure if she currently using. I'm guessing, yes, of course. She has had two accidents in the car that I gave her and I can no longer afford to insure both of us so I told her she would be unable to use the car at this time. On Friday, I discovered she stole the clicker for my vehicle so she could get her car key out of my glove box and took her car back. I have not seen her since. This is not the first time she has don't something like this or just plain refuses to abide by house rules. There have been two incidents in the past week in which she got physically aggressive with me. She also lies constantly....con artist style. At what point do I say enough is enough? Do I kick her out? Do I go back to Florida and not look back? After I get my clicker back, I'm going to turn her phone off. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

#2 Due to the above situation, I have been lurking in the F&F members of A's section. I have noticed that many many people are still very angry AFTER their loved one has gotten sober. Still resentful, still unsatisfied. It may all be justified. Can they truly forgive us? Many will never understand what it takes or is like to quit alcohol and/or drugs. We may never understand what hell we put them through. Are they addicted to trying to fix or manage us? If the lashing out continues toward us, do we depart from them or do we allow the resentful remarks to continue to chip at our self esteem? Just a thought. Have many of you found yourself perhaps starting over with EVERYTHING-people, job, friends, ect?

I have PTSD and am probably going through PAWS. I don't want to be overly dramatic but I'm not sure I'm thinking clearly. I'm DEF not coping well. Nervous freakin wreck here!