View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 04:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
lilafran

I'd like to help!

Hi,

I'm Lila...today I celebrate 5 years 1 month and 2 weeks :laugh2: I ,too ,began to abuse hyrocodone while injured. I used them medicinally for about a year then made the connection that they not only relieved physical pain, but lonliness, anger, bordom and most of all, fatique. When I got clean I was using about 20 a day. I tried to detox alone the first time and ended up in the hospital, so if you are abusing seek medically help. These are the other thing I did: really get in touch with you HP and develop a personal relationship with Him...Go to many 12 step meetings to share and find friends who understand....take baby steps and please remember that you are a wonderful person who for whatever reason was led astray. Take care of your physical body...drink a lot of water (divide your weight by 2 ie140 divided by two =70
then drink 70 oz of water or more per day (water alleviates pain and rids your body of toxins), eat healthier and exercise (walking helps)...journal about your feelings...The following was very DIFFICULT..there is a lot of fear......tell all of the doctors you manipulated that you are an addict and ask them to please not ever prescribe hydrocodone or any mood altering drug to you. Get a sponsor and begin working the steps.............don't wallow in your guilt and shame...it's over...make amends...DON'T LOSE ANOTHER DAY OF YOUR NEW LIFE. I hope that ya'll don't think me presumptious with these suggestion ...they really helped me...please don't ever hesitate to write me.....

:laugh2: Lila