View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

It took time for me to learn to speak with others differently. Keeping my communications in the "I" mode helps alot...."I'm taking a break..." and it lets the other person know what my plans are and also that their input is not required. By saying "let's take a break" the door is ajar for him to keep this issue on the table for further discussion. It's up to me to decide when a conversation is over.
Wow. I love this. I don't think I would have thought of it.

Is it true that normies just take care of this stuff without combat training? I has'nt considered the possible chess moves of this other person- but you're right. Saying I"m taking a break shuts just about all the doors he might try to open, all though I think he's getting it right about now.

That's not to say he won't try it again tomorrow. Why shouldn't he? I just don't want her coming over at all, then I'd have to explain to the kids that she can't stay, because her usual thing is to ring the doorbell, and when you come to the door she walks right in.

That's the established boundary. Right now I"m creating a different one. I guess I better text him something, or else she'll come over tomorrow when the kids are here and I'll be forced to tell her to go home. Then my son will want to know why.

WTH do I tell him? I've been avoiding telling him anything.