Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sam082602

Still a NEWBIE at 682 days clean & sober!!

So what gives? When do I get to grow up and be a big kid?! Or is there even a such thing as a big kid in recovery?

I always share in the newcomers board because that is where I feel the most comfortable plus I feel that it allows the ones that have fewer days than me to see that I understand totally where they are coming from even though I do have as many days as I do!!

Someone posted about having 36 days clean & sober (congratulations) and having the emotional rollercoaster begin...well, I am still on that emotional rollercoaster but today I use the spiritual tools given to me by the program plus I get creative by coloring in a coloring book (I have five right now), cooking, painting-by-number, playing playstation 2 video games, hanging with Russell (my man), playing with my cat & my kitten (Kazy & Tiger), and the list just goes on and on!! :veryhappy

I am finally learning how to stand up to my family (my dad is the hardest) just by actually doing the action of standing up to them.

I hope no one ever gets offended that I use the newcomer board to vent & to share my experience, strength, and hope because I just want to be helpful while staying sober myself!!

Thanks, for listening and being there for me!! Love all of ya'll!! Now let's party on down because we all have succeeded in yet another clean & sober day and that is just awesome!!