View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Harry01854

Music writes;...."There are times however when what I "ought" and what I "want" coinside so it's really not all that hard."

I agree with that. There are many times in my life now when what I ought to do, comes naturally and feel like it is just normal to do that. For me, there was a lot of hard work making those adjustments, some more difficult than others.

I still have work ahead of me though and I know it. I also know, if I continue following what I had learned, about living my life a new way, and just doing what is right, I'll be okay. It is only myself though, that gets in my own way, that sometimes those old ideas or thoughts do still pop up in my head and even times that I don't engage my brain before I speak. Today I know when I am being a part of my own problem and have those tools to work on the solution instead.

All in all, I do feel living my live in joy, peace and being free of all that I was, is a lot easier than early in recovery. The obsession has been lifted which no doubt in my mind makes it easier to accomplish a lot of other things.

I appreciate all the replies and see a lot of good things that have shown me that I'm still teachable and have an openmind to help me improve on myself and my life.

Thanks to all, grateful to be here and have such good support.

Harry