View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rupert

Exclamation Regretting the night before

Hi all,
I'm 21 years old and while I am not drinking every day, every weekend it seems like more often than not I end up drinking far too much. To most of the people I hang out with, this is normal also. However, I seem to be regretting what I do when I drink more and more. I've had these thoughts in the past but have always just brushed them off. It's not every time that I drink that I do something I see as incredibly stupid and this used to be enough that I thought I didn't have a problem. But once I have maybe three or four, the night never ends with me drinking less than twelve. I'm getting rather tired of this and hate realizing how I don't give a damn about anybody when I'm drunk. I don't want to be constantly cleaning up my drunken mistakes from the night before. Anyways, I have an annual trip that I'm going on this weekend which will involve drinking. I don't want to drink on it. I don't want people to think that the way I am when I'm drunk is actually me. Besides not going on the trip, has anybody had success in these types of situations after only a few days being sober? Any suggestions? Sorry to ramble, but you all seem like very helpful and wonderful people. Thanks.