Thread: Confession
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Harry01854

Welcome back Angharad. Well, you have 110 days experience of being sober and the experience from being alcohol free. I can only imagine that you liked the idea of being sober, at least that is how it appears to me. Was there anything else you did besides occupy your time constructively. Like, did you go to any AA meetings. You have already stated that you haven't been coming here. A place that you can come to get constructive support.

So now your back to day one. Like I said, you have the experience of those 110 days, so they weren't wasted. Consider yourself lucky though, there are a lot of people who don't decide to stop after one day of drinking, Many drink until things get a lot worse and there are also many who don't make it back at all.

So, get back on the bike, move forward and try doing something different this time. Suggestions, such as, go to meetings, ask for help on a daily basis, get a sponsor and telephone numbers and even get active by helping to set up the chairs, making coffee or in whatever way they do it at meetings around where you live. Check out the 12 Steps to Recovery. It has worked for many alcoholics. Do keep coming here for support and help. People here are willing to help and support you.

You don't ever have to feel this way again, it's your choice.

I'll keep you in my prayers,

Harry