Thread: Confession
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
switchboard

110 days is great - congrats. Please don't feel that because you made a mistake that it takes away the hard work you've put into your sobriety. You have 110 days. Now you will go on to either day 1 again if you like ... or how about continue to 111+ .. OR .. 112+ "except for 1 slip-up". I'm not sure if there's a rule (I'm new to this), but it seems to me those 110 days shouldn't be forgotten!

It's kind of something similar to taking on a healthy new lifestyle - say with diet and exercise .. and you've been doing it for 3-4 months ... feeling great ... lost 25 lbs ... started walking more or jogging, or going to the gym .. looking terrific ...... AND THEN ... emotional eating takes over one day .. you have a day off .. just want to relax and take a break from your busy life ... you inhale a cheesecake .. go out and sneak an ice-cream cone .. order a large pizza with the works .. sit on the couch and watch TV for the day...

... One bad day would not take away the healthy lifestyle you've built ... It wouldn't take away the 25 lbs you've lost ... It wouldn't take away how awesome your clothes are fitting (well, except for being bloated and feeling sicky this one day and maybe tomorrow morning).

BUT it was a learning experience --- Now you know what not to do, by experience ... and tomorrow you will continue with that new healthy lifestyle.

You've done wonderfully. I hope to say 110 sober days one day, just like you, and more .. right along with you. Keep it up!