View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
julesnpurls
Paused

Did I do the right thing?

This morning I was pulling up to my house with my 5 y.o. DD in the car. Our 13 y/o neighbor boy & his friend were out in front & he looked upset and ran onto his porch. As I was getting out of the car I asked what was wrong and he pointed behind me and said that guy just told us to come over to his car. There was a man in a pickup who had been driving behind me erratically. I told the kids to go inside and asked him what he wanted. The guy just sat there for a second and stared at me then answered. He was slurring and not making any sense. He was looking for someone who used to live here, I think. He was beligerrent (sp?) and then apologetic then beligerrent... I told him to get lost. I took his plate number and called 911.

I was so pissed off and disgusted and he scared the hell out of the kids. And he could be on his way to a fatal accident with someone innocent or find some other kids to harrass. I think I did the right thing. Then again I think I might have reacted because of my situation with my AH who continues to drive drunk after his DUI. And I'm slightly concerned because this moron knows where I live. I just couldn't let it pass. Did I do the right thing???