View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Originally Posted by ChrrisT View Post
By the way I love your member name. Summerpeach - we should all have these positive sweet names. Makes me smile.

The pain of it will go away. But keep the lesson, don't soften. We all know how that can happen with time.

It's amazing how they can do all kinds of stuff TO us, but when it comes to cheating, oh that's it, it is so over.

You can verbally abuse me,even beat me. But don't even think of stickin' it to another woman. They should all cheat if it makes getting rid of them that easy.
Just spouting off sorry

Feel good and take care of yourself Summer - for goodness sake you deserve it.

today I feel more like Summersh*t though ;-) What a long 2 days. The weeks are going to go slow with all this pain.
I didnt come into this relationship ever accepting verbal abuse. My ex's never verbally abused me, EVER! They were just cheating losers behind my back.
With this new ex, well he wasn't abusive to me at all in the first two years. He was sweet, loving and kind. We had some issues, but nothing severe.

The first time he was verbally abusive, I asked him to leave my house and I didn't see him for 2 months after that. At this time, he decided that what he said to me wasn't abuse and he said sorry, and that should be enough.
He then came into my home while I was at work, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION to get his clothes and read my journal.
Then off he went. I contacted him about 6 weeks into it and not knowing ANYTHING about addiciton, ask for him back.
I mean, one incident didn't determine he was abusive.
But then it never stopped, then 6 months later, he did it again.
This time I left again and he came back 3 weeks later telling me he joined AA and this is when he stopped drinking.
You see, I always had hope. He was always willing to make things better.
I don't think 95% of the things he did were intentional.
But this cheating, well it was intentional and calculated and deceptive. I know people survive cheating all the time, but it's that much harder with an addict. Like L2L said, they dont think the same as others.

Nothing harmful he did was acceptable, and nothing harmful I did to him was acceptable. We accepted it because we are both in pain and hoped for the best.