Old 08-09-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Oh and regarding drugs vs. alcohol, I never did drugs myself, like you I was terrified of them. However, many say that an alcohol addiction is worse than most drug addictions to get over. Partly chemical, and partly because it is, as you said, socially expected and acceptable.
Yes, I agree, and I hope I wasn't sounding like a snob to Gneiss or anyone else who has a drug addiction. But just because of my upbringing and that alcohol was always in my home, and drugs were not. I see shooting something in my arm, or snorting something up my nose as painful to begin with, plus I couldn't just run to the store to buy it, I would have to go to some seedy drug den where guys have guns etc etc. I know that isn't all true, but that perception that has been beat into my head by family, teachers and the media made it look like something that the high could never be worth. Whereas if I drink booze I get chicks and am funny an interesting in a party atmosphere...which also couldn't be farther from the truth!!