Old 08-08-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
littlefish

Well I guess I suffer from permanent uniqueness. I was both a daily and a binger. I struggled everyday to keep my daily drinking under some sort of control. That would work in general, I would try and keep my intake under 4 strong beers. And where I live, stong beers are called "big and strong", so that means they were up to 10.2% alcohol for a large can of beer. Who was I fooling? I may as well have bought a couple of bottles of wine because the alcohol content of the beers was about the same as 1 to 2 bottles of wine.

I would spin out of control of course and layer one week to two week benders on top of that and throw high alcohol content liquor into the mix and stay drunk on rum or vodka or whatever I could for the duration of the binge.

Then I would find my life totally unmanageable while having a bender on hard liquor, so I would go back to the beer routine. That would end after a period of time when I would think I could "handle it" and I would embark on another high alcohol content binge again. It went on for years.