Thread: Recovery Rates
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Tommyh
It`s ok to stay sober

Robert,we ought to consider a few things
when AA was new,they did not have as many people attending AA as we do today,and they could keep up better with results.
we cannot count every one who comes into the doors as a failure/sucess rate stat.People come for many reasons,and those that want to stay and stay sober,usually will.
it is virtually impossible to accurately count heads because we do not know what the desire is of those who show up for meetings.AA is used by many people for many things.

Robert,I have never known someone I sponsored to fail when they got into the big book and stayed there,never yet.Thats the power of our program for living,not my sponsorship.
To count those who half heartily went to meetings and maybe got into the book a little or quit and later got drunk ain`t a accurate comparison to me.The only stat I believe that is true and fair is the person who really does their best to keep coming back and live our 12 steps daily to the best of their ability.The ones who really try.The success rate is the same in my belief.Robert,I am very Leary of those who claim a low success rate.

what is your experience concerning you thoroughly following the program?
I bet you have a 100 % success rate.I do,so far so good