View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 02:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tealvertigo

Anxiety causing insomnia

I have had some strange kind of anxiety over something that I don't know of for the last few weeks. Since wednesday, however, I have gotten a maximum of about 14 hours of sleep (maybe slightly more or less). It has taken up to three hours to fall asleep and then I only sleep for about three or four hours. I wake up exhausted but can't go back to sleep.

Whenever I wake up after those few hours, I feel nauseous and sometimes my heart races. Also, during the daytime, I feel on edge, like I'm being followed. I took a walk tonight and one of our new neighbors went to the side of the road to make a phone call (low reception in the garage or something). I got really freaked out, feeling like he would try to chase me, and I got home really fast, locked the doors, and made sure my gun was still in my room.

Yesterday in the morning, I was so nervous that I actually threw up. I was in walmart (shopping for a tv with my mother) and had to charge to the bathroom to vomit.

I am leaving for college soon and I feel like my world is crashing down with this anxiety, relapses (though not from my DoC), and incredible urges to smoke again to calm down. I'm so freaked out and I don't even know what to do!

It's 2:00 AM and I'm not even slightly tired.