View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Like zbear, I've given up the bear wrestling, only because after knocking out a few grizzlies, that too became boring, lol. (Actually, I got tired of cleaning up the stuffing material).

Yep, I know the dog days of summer and the threat of coming unglued seeking some form of respite from the heat and boredom. Swimming seems to help alot, and as an old Chicago boy myself, I recall trips to Lake Geneva, Wisc. I never failed to catch my limit and enjoyed the small fudge, t-shirt and ice cream shops, but even all that becomes boring after a while. Then there's always the evening to deal with, I was one of those vampire drunks, I always came out after dark. That was my hardest time and still is. Now, I try to make a meeting at night when they're available, go out to dinner alot, and even just take drives to get out of the house and out of my head. It's an ongoing problem for me, so I too am interested in learning more ways to deal with this.

I didn't intend to hijack your thread, I just know how you feel and hope a couple suggestions help. Keep hanging in there, 6 months is great stuff.