Thread: Guilt
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NightandDay

i have an alcoholic brother. my mother is devastated by this.

she is always asking me "why? what did i do?" over and over. i know she is in a lot of pain because of my brother. but she has yet to see a therapist or investigate al-anon or anything to try to understand her pain. she is so afraid she actually did something wrong, i think, that she can't even try to heal.

i admire you for helping yourself through therapy and by coming here to SR. i'm sorry that your son has disappointed you. i know from watching my mother that it is very painful. my heart goes out to you.

you were very kind to me last week when i was posting on my issues, and i really responded to what you had to say to me; i could hear what you were saying to me because you were sensitive and gentle . . . you have a big heart, and you know what? those are the qualities that make, as you say, a darn good mother. congratulations to you for recognizing how good you really are!

we all need to remember to love ourselves, faults and all. that's why i keep coming back here. thank you for sharing, kindeyes.
:ghug3