Old 08-05-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Mataleao
OSSSU!

Great thread!!!

I can relate to BadChoices....For some outladish reason I thought it would...harmless? to get involved with an active alcoholic, and things with us progressed quicker than they should have.....as did his drinking (and found out drug use as well, because once he was drunk...WHERE'S THE COCAINE guy showed up).......Bottom line is, I of all people should have known better but went there anyway.
He held it together for allllmost three months, meaning....He knew I would not spend time with him if he was drinking so he managed to not drink for the couple/few days a week that we spent together. Then of course the drinking increased and soon he could not/would not take those days to be sober in order to see me....SOOO, this is the result. We still spoke regularly, text messaged for a couple months, so (silly me) I thought that, since it's obvious we aren't "together" any longer, we were at least friends......Yeah, no. He just became more and more angry. I'm guessing because he realized that I'm not giving in to go see him and he's DEFINITELY not going to give up his very convenient life style (mom pays for lots of what he does).

So, now I'm left with what I really knew all along.....the minute you are no longer of any use to them, you will be dropped like a hot potato. My guess is my ABF found someone new to occupy his time or he is just so drunk he just can't be bothered with anyone or anything unless it involves drinking....It's been three months since I've seen him and now it's two weeks with no contact.....and I know that everyone here would tell me to be thankful!!! In a way I am, but in a way I feel like a giant loser because in the end, I meant nothing to him and was so easily forgotten.

So, in a nutshell.....Maybe you could conduct a little experiment of your own and perhaps yours will have a better outcome. Try not seeing him or helping him in any way shape or form (unless it was rides to and from meetings)....See how long he sticks around. Good luck and I hope you both get the help you need.