Old 08-05-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Harry01854

After reading another post by Lildawg on a very similar subject, I have to rethink my own post here. This is what lildawg posted;

"I know what you mean, Aurora. I have ignored all the booze in my house for 2+ years. I've been married to the same man for 20 years, and I know exactly how he'd react if I took the liberty of ridding our house of alcohol. I finally had to accept that it was me quitting drinking, not him. That was my first step in realizing the universe did not center around me.

Some days were incredibly hard. Many days I wished I was not married to a man who likes his drink. I got used to it, though. I think we, as humans, are adaptable creatures. Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

And then rereading what trucker posted helps me to think better about what you posted Mark75.

What has changed was about me keeping an openmind. A character defect that I continue to work on, not always succeeding. And my overeagerness, a lot of work to be done there.

I do respect these other opinions and if I do keep an an openmind, there is the great chance I might learn something new.

Although I could only hope to be the person that is my opinion, Truckers statement is so true and did shine some light on this old marblehead of mine.

I am the one that has a problem with alcohol and so it is up to me to do what is right for me, not anyone else's responsibility. Even if it means accepting and respecting the rights of others.

Practice may not make me perfect, but it should help me to stop and think before I type.

Thanks guys for all the input. Greatly appreciated.

Harry