Thread: Ugh.
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JenT1968

Ok then, he hasn't gone to sleep ALL night, you can smell alcohol on him and you believe that at some point during the night he just stopped drinking, but stayed awake, without having help from stimulants/more alcohol?

then he went for a bike ride and looked after the kids without having a sleep. Even if the (very unlikley in my experience) scenario above is true, how long before before he mentally crashes and needs to sleep? do the kiddos deserve to have grumpy/sleepy looking after them? how old are they?

MY AH never "stopped" drinking, he drank until he passed out at the weekend. During the week he would drink until he ran out of lcohol then went to bed. If he stayed up all night that meant he was drinking all night +/- coke/speed/ecstasy whatever. But to imagine that he would have stopped drinking and then not gone to sleep............ hmmmm: well, it just never happened.

Of course he'll be ranting by 5, if he's still awake. in future I would arrange for the kids to ahve a babysitter or go over to a friends house when you were due for a night out: then he can't saotage you and you don't have to spend time worrying about it.