Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
recycle
Ethanol Intolerant

So here I sit a little more than two weeks sober and a little over a year working on recovery. Is there booze in my house? Yes there is some gawd awful homemade blackberry schnapps that was gift from a neighbor, a bottle of v/tasty gin with a few shots left in it, and an un-opened bottle of bottle of white wine my wife thinks she hid from me in the laundry room. There is also a couple of six packs of beer in the fridge at work. None of which really tempt me any more than the liquor store a block down the street or the dozen or so bars and conveince stores I pass each day.

I don’t mind if my wife drinks, of course drinking for her is a glass of wine every week or two. And I probably would not take kindly to being teased about not drinking or cajoled about into drinking, but there is a realization that we are separate people on (hopefully) parallel paths but none the less unique. As far as hanging with other people that are drinking, well that is like watching a TV sitcom, it is predictable and not near as funny as they think it is.