View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Duped

Originally Posted by mrphillipctrs1 View Post
Hey Duped,

I also had contact with my XAGF's exhusband just recently. She had painted him to be a socio-path and I bought it hook, line and sinker. After we spoke, he told me the same things, we compared stories and it was all the same. I don't feel as crazy about it anymore and it helps a great deal when coming to acceptance of who she has become because of the addiction.

There are just a few people left for her to lie to now, almost all of our mutual friends are done. She does have a new man in her life, but he is just getting started in the madness.

We no longer have to live in the craziness, the truth has set us free.
Indeed, he and myself compared notes for a couple hours.

I have a daughter with my exAGF, so I do have some contact, but luckily she (the mother) too, has pushed all of my friends and my family out of her life, and like yours, she has few people left to lie to - her enablers are only a handful, and her therapist, whom I'm sure sees through a lot of her stuff.

She never wanted to know my friends or family because they were a threat to her disease I suppose.

Of course, the big lie continues onward. She still insists that she does not have an alcohol problem, only that she had a drug problem.

Luckily when I went no contact, she got a new person in her life and he too has only got started in the madness. Of course, she also painted her ex husband as a real nasty guy, but quite the contrary, he is level headed, easy going for the most part and fully understands the lunacy of her life.

You can bet she is busy painting me as a nasty SOB as well.