View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Originally Posted by URMYEVERYTHING View Post

The only other suggestion I would say is to speak with the guidance counselor in the school and/or SAC (Substance Abuse Counselor) to notify them of your concern. That way you have reported it to a responsible adult within the school system and they can contact the parents and follow up if they need to send her to a program to be evaluated. Calling the parents was a good move but as I see in my profession from day to day, the parents are sometimes engaging in stuff they shouldn't and will not follow up to not call attention on what's really going on in their household. By reporting it to the counselor, you take the responsibility off of you in the event this child gets high on campus, brings drugs on campus, etc.
I agree completely. The only problem is that school doesn't start back for us for another month, and I have no clue when the guidance counselors are going back. I will be telling my principal about it tomorrow, though, for the same reasons outlined above, not to mention the fact that there probably are rules in place that I need to find out about as to whether or not she can even stay on the squad.