View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
In terms of facebook, IMHO you should never be "friends" in facebook with your students, players or cheerleaders. Yours is a professional relationship and shouls be kept that way. After they graduate and if you want to do this that is different.
With all due respect, I don't remember asking anyone's opinion on this. I have privacy settings in place to protect myself from them finding me in any kind of picture tagging situation that I may not be aware of. In fact, all they can see of me is pictures that I allow them to see, my basic information, and messages that I send them. Basically I use it as a way to message them and that's all. Emailing them doesn't work because they don't check their emails, and texting on cell phones doesn't always work because they claim their phone was dead, etc. I appreciate your concern, but I am doing no wrong here.

Anyways, the point of this thread was that I was trying to decide how to proceed in this situation, NOT to get advice about who to add on my facebook page.

Thanks for all the great advice guys!