View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

posie,

i'm sorry i was away for much of the week and weekend, and didn't see this until now.

some thoughts:

for what it's worth, i remember those beautiful times of alone in my home when the girls were at their dad's. it was very nice. but yes, you will put their needs first, as it should be, and get your time in other ways.

i think it's not SO bad for him to be super-dad every once in awhile. they are getting to the age where they can see him for what/who he really is. good qualities and bad. it will be a balanced perspective, you can be sure of that.
i guess i would try and choose "grateful" that they had a good time with the guy.

big commission check? you know, you can petition the court for an increase in c.support, if you think his income has gone up that is. one big check wouldn't qualify probably, but if starts doing better.....
fair is fair.

take them out of the school that they love? he just doesn't get it, what stability is about, does he?
let it roll off your back.

when i took mine to alateen, i told her it was not an option. after going once, she said "do i have to go again?" i said "yes". "not forever, but for at least a few times". she went to three or four meetings, tried two different meetings, and felt she couldn't relate to the other kids. she probably could have, if she had an open mind, but i let her drop because i thought that forcing her would backfire.
i think at their ages, it's ok to say, "five times." or "10 times". it does take awhile to start to get it.

i love the "dad kit". i hope they would feel empowered to use it if the need ever came up. if they need to leave, they can tell dad they think they got sick?

sounds like you are a wonderful mother.