Old 08-01-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
flutter
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

If it's not something you want in your life, you have every right to make that choice! I also grew up in an alcoholic home. I am an alcoholic in recovery, this month marks 20 months for me.. we all recover differently, though.. I can't remember (other than on here) the last time I felt any need or desire to talk about it with anyone in my life, I'm just a non-drinker. I don't use AA in my recovery.. and I'm sure there's a million differences anyways between any 2 alcoholics and recovery journeys.

Sorry for the ramble.. I don't think you're being ridiculous. I don't think it even MATTERS that it's AA stuff he's talking about or anything else. This is a precursor to your relationship with this man should you choose to pursue it. He should be on his BEST shining behavior in an attempt to win your heart. It sounds like this isn't the relationship you've dreamed of, and it doesn't sound like it's enhancing your life. Honestly it almost sounds like you feel sorry for him.

I don't know what you're getting out of this 'friendship' besides getting ALMOST sucked in to savior/caretaker behavior.. tread carefully hun.