Old 07-31-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by NightandDay View Post
Not only did my bf call me last night and leave a 4 min long voicemail asking for forgiveness, but today he was texting me about this wedding we were supposed to be going to tomorrow. In his voicemail and texts he expressed regret over breaking up with me and being emotionally manipulative. He even said he understands if I cannot speak with him and need to separate myself.

I ignored his texts because I had already sent him an email saying that his recovery is his and mine is mine and I need time and space. I know he had not received it when he was texting me because he was at work and he works in landscaping, so is not near a computer nor does he have a smartphone on which to receive emails.

However, I am sure he has received it by now and I have not heard from him. Phew.

So. . . I took a step. I really don't know what happens next but I am looking forward to time alone NOT HAVING TO THINK ABOUT HIM AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM!

I know I am going to miss him horribly, but I guess I will take everything in baby steps and try to focus on myself. Here goes nothin'. . .
Do you see the blow by blow drama ? Will he or won't he text? What will he or won't he say?

What happens next for you is entirely up to you.

You have no power to cure him or cause him to go deeper into addiction.
If all it to was care and love, none of us would be here.