View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
AtlasMcGee

One thing for sure: It was really hard to care about myself or love myself while I was drinking. Hell, it was just hard to BE myself. What a relief to accept who I am. It's not like it comes overnight - I'm having to work at it everyday. But it's a HUGE difference from what it was.
Wow, I sure relate to this. Losing myself became a norm 'til I was barely existing. The having to work on it everyday is such a constant too. I forget the page number, but on the last page of Bill's story in the Big Book it talks about having to live in faith 24hrs a day or we perish. That really sticks with me, it is such a truth for me.

Today's number 90 for me as well. Congratulations Crow & Art!!!! I am so thankful to have all of you and I got misty eyed (due to joy) just thinking about celebrating a year with ya'll.

RGO Congratulations on 73 days, that's soooo AWESOME!!
& thank you for that reminder! I can look into that girl's eyes and see myself. Such tragic things happen without a second glance. I won't even pretend to know why I was spared such tragedy, lord knows how many times I got behind the wheel loaded out of my mind & using only one eye to navigate.

I hope everyone gets some well deserved rest and that the drinking dreams stay at bay--I agree about the rush of relief when you do wake up! haha, too realistic...Nighty night!