View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
artsoul
SR Fan

Hey all - I'm much more optomistic today (but still in defensive mode - hence the umbrella) after battling a BIGGIE yesterday. Just hadn't had anything that strong in months, really. Tomorrow will mark 90 days sober and I still have no clue if that lunar cycle thingy is real, but whatever, it sure did help to post about it. There's something different about reading other threads than there is about starting one of your own. Know what I mean? Anyhoo, congrats to me for getting through it - I just might go get some junk food tonight to celebrate.

Porkchopped - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. How old is he? My parents still have their wits about them (at 83 and 84), and there's nothing my mother is more afraid of than dementia. Her mother had it the last few years of her life and her sister (my aunt) has it now. It's hard to deal with. I don't relish having to be the strong one as my parents lose their abilities, as I always rely on their wisdom and strength. I hope the doctors can figure out what he needs to be taking/not taking. Glad you have your sister for support.

Crow - I know those drinking dreams can mess with your head...... Alcoholism is just ruthless - I mean it can't even let us sleep in peace. Geez.

Draciack - thanks for your words of support - it means so much. The MayFlower bus is definitely rocking on, though, and I hope we can all celebrate a year together!

HAVE A PEACEFUL, ENJOYABLE, DOWNRIGHT GREAT EVENING, EVERYONE!!