View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 09:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TechGuy

Hmmm... As I was reading through this tonight, I realized I posted this on what would have been my 10th anniversery if I was still married. Strange.

Anyway, I went to the appointment with the doc. He was an idiot. He recommended me to a rehab, but that was about it. After working for the last 10 years in a medical-related industry, I've lost most of my respect for doctors.

I talked to a friend here in Atlanta who was extremely encouraging, and has been very supportive. That was harder than I could have imagined, but I got through it. And actually felt relieved afterwards.

I went to a local treatment center for an assessment last week. THAT WAS TOUGH! Long story short, I didn't care for the person I met with, but she recommened detox. I talked to someone in HR at my company, and she gave me some options. Turns out, I won't have to give my boss the full story after all. My insurance, on the ohter hand, is being a complete pain in the arse about this. The HR person is going to investigate further for me and let me know what the options are with the whole insurance thing.

Oh, the lady at the center concluded I was a dual-diagnosis. Big surprise there.

Well, I'm still scared about not having hit a bottom yet. I'm still scared to death at a life of sobriety. Yet, I know I can't keep going on this way. I just want off of this carousel.

Anyway, thanks for listening, as always. I actually can't wait till I can post a message to this board completely sober or to just say I've been sober for more than a couple of days.