View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Hello Superdaughter. Well, first of all welcome to this wonderful site called SoberRecovery. It is a great site for addicts, and their families to find support and some good information. I love it.

Naranon meetings are meetings for families and friends of addicts. It is a support group, that is very helpful, because most of the people there are going through the same thing that you are going through, and some much worse.

It is a group of people in a room, with a story of heartache and sadness over a loved ones drug or alcohol addiction. The people are regular people like you and I, all sizes, shapes, colors, races, and religions. As you probably already know, addiction does not discriminate. Millions and millions of people and their families suffer.

Naranon gives you the tools to help cope with the painful affects of addiction. It teaches you the difference between enabling, and helping. It also teaches you that you cannot control the addict. The 3C's You didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it. In my experience I learned that my sons life was not more important than my own. I took away some very good advice from Naranon.

At first I didn't agree with it, but as time went on I soon learned that they really did know what they were talking about. If your considering Naranon, it's a good program, with helpful tools and really great and understanding people. I hope you find what your looking for and needing on this site, and in Naranon. Good Luck and GOD Bless. I'm so sorry about your mom and brother. It's always tough when the people you love so much are addicted. My heart goes out to you. I've been where you are with a heroin addict brother, and alcoholic mother. They both died from their addictions 3 months apart. Now I go through it with my son. He is in recovery now. Just keep in mind that there is always hope. I hope you find the support that you need.

:ghug3