Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wolf_22
Want to form an alliance? :.)

Thanks for the input, guys / gals. It means a lot. It really helps to know that some people out there *get* what I'm going through.

Learn2Live, I think you hit the nail on the head concerning my grandmother. I mean, of course love has nothing to do with the situation but I do believe she's a massive enabler to my alcoholic mother and I believe that many issues in the family have stemmed from her antiquated and dichotomous ways-of-thinking. It really saddens me. She's well off with her savings and such. My grandfather was a farmer in his day and through his hard work, they've both been able to make a great life for themselves. While I'm obviously happy for them, I'm also somewhat bitter about how I view my grandmother as being this type of woman who can sit back and judge others without fear of reprimand due to her financial security. She constantly passes judgment on everyone in the family and it's so easy for her to do so because she doesn't have to experience the everyday demands that cause many of those in the family to make mistakes or have emotional / psychological issues. Maybe I've said too much? I feel bad for admitting these things about the person who's been my savior in many ways but I can't help it when my mind logically conveys things like this to me. Especially when I know for a fact that these things are true.

Like many have basically said, I guess I just have to deal with it the best I can. If I ever find that golden career job that many of us are now searching for anymore, I know deep down that it would cut any tied strings and I would finally be completely independent. I had the chance to taste that during my first career job and while I hated the job at the time, I loved being completely free of all negative circumstances that were derived from people in my family. I yearn for that freedom again and I hope and pray that something like that will enter my life again through this graduate stuff I'm going into.