Thread: Scared Mom
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
wicked

Originally Posted by mji View Post
Wow, thank you to each and every one of you, for the hope and the advice. Things are moving along well. He is to be successfully discharged on Tuesday from his inpatient program, and he has chosen a Sober Living Residence to move into on that day. He does seem very hopeful of a new and better day for himself. His big goal is to be able to return to college, but he knows he has much to accomplish before that can happen. He also has some legal hurdles, and that keeps him focused as well. I don't know what will happen next, but I do know that it is up to him. I find myself at times hopeful, at times terrified, and at times very tearful and anxious. I know I need to get to an Al-Anon or Nar-Anon meeting, and need to prioritize that for myself. In the meantime, I will continue to visit this Forum. I have much to learn. You are all so inspirational to me! Thank you!
Yes, mji, thank you for sharing this. Good news on the Sober Living Residence, there are many who would resist that. I am so glad he is going there.
Beth