View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by frankly View Post
Thank You Angelic. Brett was a little boy that grew up with my boys. He was like a son.

((((Cats))))

((((Ann))))

I will always carry my recovery with me. Maybe I'm running away, I don't know. But I do know that lately every where that I turn, I see addiction and the pain that it causes. I feel that I need to seperate myself from it as much as possible. When I come on here any more, I just cry. So much pain, so much loss. I get angry at my HP. Wondering why such good people are always the ones to bear the pain of others actions. Why does a mom loose her child, a child his parent.

I'm just overwhelmed and need to step back.

Frankly, if your trying to avoid anything that is related to addiction, that's going to be real tough. Addiction is everywhere. It's all around us. I can't go to Starbucks without running into someone who is suffering due to this disease. Some mother who is upset over her child. Some kid who is upset over his/her addict mother.
It's everywhere. I understand that you need to step back for a while. I have been there and done that too. But one thing I know for sure, is that the way I feel today, doesn't neccessarily mean I will feel that way tomorrow. What your feeling today, you might not feel tomorrow.

If you don't come back to this site, I can see that there is an awful lot of people who are going to miss you. People that remember your posts from years ago. That's so amazing. Hang in there. Everything will be alright. You'll see.

One sure thing in life is change, and things are always changing.
I sure hope that things change for the better when it comes to drug and alcohol addiction. Here's hoping that all of these substances will some day be banned. I know it's a multi-trillion dollar business, and that is highly unlikely. When ridiculous amounts of money is involved, regardless of the consequences, these things are allowed to continue because of greed.

The thing with addiction, is that it's killing everyone. It doesn't discriminate.
Race,Creed, or Color, Rich or Poor, It doesn't discriminate. It's an epidemic.
Even the people who are benefiting from this multi-trillion dollar business, they are suffering with addiction in their families too. It's hard to avoid.