View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there

Originally Posted by frankly View Post
.... I never made it to any face to face meetings, I made it to the parking lot once.....
no worries. I made it to the parking _lot_ many times. Many, many times. I understand.

.... but that is as far as I ever got. .....
well yeah, but there's always tomorow There's a very famous southern lady who's known for that line.

.... See, I had a dream again. I dreamed of finishing that motel and having a place to invite all of you to. A gathering place. A place that maybe I could give back to you all for what you had given to me......
I dunno about that. See, for the last few years here on SR you have already given us that place. The way it works for me, it's not the buildings where people are that have helped me thru the dark times in my life. It's the kindness and compassion in their hearts. Your posts have been filled with that love for many years now. We have all had that calm, comforting place to turn to, and it's been in your heart. Not in some building.

.... It will be the first thing in my life that I started and never finished. .....
The building? It wasn't about the building. I saw that five years ago when we first started chatting. You have been building _you_ for the last five years. The motel was just something physical that went along for the ride. _You_ are the one that you started repairing five years ago and you sound pretty darn polished to me.

.... I'll never get to meet you and tell you in person the impact that you have had on my life. .....
Excuse me? There's a ton of SR folk that live in Florida, if that is where you decide to go. And there's a whole nother bunch of alanoids you can meet in any person just past that parking lot you and I have had so much trouble with. If you think the only place we can meet is in a building, then we have seriously failed to explain what recovery means to us.

.... In reality, I guess I don't need that building to show or hold onto how I feel about all of you. To show my gratitude......
Exactly right. Totally.

You know one good way to show your gratitude? Go past that parking lot and welcome a newcomer. One that is as much a blubbering mess today as you once were a long time ago.

....I'm opening the next chapter in my life. .....
You go!!!! girl !!!!

.... Taking a break because I feel I don't have anything to offer right now. But I didn't want to leave without saying goodby.....
nope. sorry. "goodbye" not accepted. You need a break, fine. You need some time to heal, fine. You need to recover and get yourself back together, fine.

Goodbye is not fine. You'll have to exchange that for a "See you later", or "back shortly". Those are good.

and while you are healing, have a big ol :ghug3 cuz you're part of our "SR family"

Mike