View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

L2L, I see how you mentioned "crying at hurt feelings"... and I always do that. It can be over the silliest thing, but it HURTS and I CRY! I thought I was just an immature crybaby (that's what they said) and I never associated it with depression. Thank you for opening my eyes.
Aw, you're welcome. You don't sound immature to me. I am a crybaby too, even though I am a VERY tough girl. Someone can say something mean and it hurts my feelings and I cry. Even ON anti-depressants, because I don't think that has anything to do with depression, I think it is because we are tender-hearted people. I am a very simple, good, kind-hearted, empathetic person and you are probably the same, yes? I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, immature. Sensitive? Yes. Silly? Yes. Goofy? Yes. Immature? No.

Do you recommend only getting on medicine through a psychiatrist dr... or is medical okay? I also have Lymes Disease, and I wanted to go for more blood work to see if it's active ---- and the doctor tried giving me cymbalta once, for the pain... which I also see is a SNRI... Maybe it could help in more ways than one, and I could 'feel' better about taking it for 'pain'! Would you advise AGAINST this?
I really don't know the answer because I am not a medical professional but no, I don't advise against being treated for a medical condition and if you get additional benefits, what the heck, right? I do know that a psychiatrist should know all the latest and greatest information about these medicines, whereas a non-psychiatric doctor generally would not be as up-to-date or knowledgeable.