Thread: Hello SR
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Hello SR

It's been a few months since I stopped by here to say hello.

I've missed my friends here and feel it is now time to rejoin this family and trudge the road of happy destiny together.

I went into treatment and stayed two months, but have not been totally successful in staying away from the drink, for I've drank twice since I got out. I've learned alot about myself, and have been doing well lately, but now know that I cannot afford to become complacent, nor cocky regarding booze, for the outcome is getting drunk again and all the negative consequences that come with getting drunk. I enjoy my life today much better when I follow directions and stay away from slippery places, people, and things, and most of the time have a real sense of peace and serenity, knowing that to drink is a choice today, not a compulsion like before. Each day I make the right choice for myself, my life gets a wee bit better.

It's a true privilege to stop by and say Hi to all of you. Many of you have touched my life in so many positve ways that I can never repay, so I'll just say thanks for now and keep stopping in to see what's going on from time to time.

Thanks for being here.