View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
thequest

long distance

Unfortunetly the travel distance makes tutoring the child or even watching the child difficult. The scary part is that we've seen the live in over our house frequently over the years on a school night without her child. I don't think the mom realizes the impact of her behavior. The few times we've seen the kid she's polite and not an idiot. What makes me nervous even more is that he keeps harping you should only do what you passion is in life-unless you love your job don't work there-this is part of his & her unemployment problem. She's on the verge of welfare if not food stamps.

Two unemployed adults hanging around drinking alcohol can't even set a good example for the kid. She seems to have relatives and friends who'll watch the kid on occassion but I can't see this helping the kid always wondering who is going to baby sit them.

I hate to say it but I'd rather play 'consultant' on this and that's if I'm given the oppurtunity. He seems to feel the kid has an attitude problem so the failing doesn't seem to be technical problem. I can't believe the school hasn't called the mom in to see why her child is constantly flunking. I think lady is right- they'll drag everybody down including the kid and family members they're into for over 5 figures in dollars.