View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Boleo
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post

I never once thought my best thinking, even while I was "active", got me here... I knew I was addicted, I knew I was breaking some rules, I knew there was all sorts of justification and rationalization goin' on... again, even at the time.... while I was active..... I never once thought my thinking was "my best"
I agree. It was not "my best thinking" that got me into addiction - it was my delusional thinking. The Hindu's, Buddhist's and Taoist's figured out at least 2.500 years ago that delusional thinking is what is responsible for most of man's mistakes. A man's best thinking comes after enlightenment.

Bill Wilson figured out what man's best thinking is during the 11th step:

"On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Our thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.
In thinking about our day we may face indecision. We may not be able to determine which course to take. Here we ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take it easy. We don't struggle. We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while.
What used to be the hunch or the occasional inspiration gradually becomes a working part of the mind. Being still inexperienced and having just made conscious contact with God, it is not probable that we are going to be inspired at all times. We might pay for this presumption in all sorts of absurd actions and ideas. Nevertheless, we find that our thinking will, as time passes, be more and more on the plane of inspiration. We come to rely upon it."