Old 07-14-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

Originally Posted by sacramento View Post
thanks Justjo. I see your point. The only person she has left in her corner is her father. I would be much more supportive if she wasn't in our home, tho.
Your boyfriend probably realizes this too, so this may make him be more protective of her (I was the same, very protective, the only one left in her life from the family) It must be very hard for you to live there with this going on but is your bf ready to let her go?

I'm curious how she can go to so many meetings, (like 2-3 a week) and still be using? I found a suboxone (sp) pill with the needles. We also caught her with 2 percocet and half a Valium tablet. She never appears to be high, so I think she is just getting by.
Yes the denial, deception of the addiction, my sister would go to detox for 3 days, stay in rehab for a few weeks and get caught drinking while she was in there, kind of blows your mind away and I use to think 'why bother' Lockup rehabs would have been the only way that she could have stopped drinking

Some loser meets her on the street we live on and brings her stuff. I looked my bf straight in the eyes and said did you ever think a day would come that you would knowingly have someone using IV drugs in your own home? He just got angry. I don't know if it helps keeping real and in his face. As a parent, he may have taken that comment personally (his daughter, his failure, (thats how I felt) He may know what he is doing is wrong but he is holding onto the hope that she will stop. Turning a blind eye I guess, angry at the same time but still needing her around to protect. Maybe discuss with him some meeting you can both go to together