Old 07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chino

Originally Posted by sacramento View Post
As parents, have you turned the other cheek, just to buy some time?
Yes, for about 36 hours after I got a phone call from a concerned friend, then saw her tracks for the first time. After a marathon google session for rehabs, we were on a plane. I knew she'd go because she was almost broke and using just enough to get by. She even let me know when she'd be out after I asked, so I scheduled the flight for that time frame.

The plane ran into a flock of birds and the windshield cracked, so we made an emergency landing in the midwest. It was mayhem and everyone was scrambling to arrange flights. The airline said some people might get stuck overnight, there weren't enough seats on other airlines to accommodate everyone. The first flight out was for people with emergencies.

I asked the rep if we could speak privately and told her the truth, that my daughter was ripped and headed to rehab. That it would probably get ugly when she started coming down and she only had about 3 hours left.

We were on the next flight and she hugged my daughter, wished her the best with everything.

You can't make this stuff up. Addiction is crazy.