Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
URMYEVERYTHING

Originally Posted by sacramento View Post
Hi all,
My boyfriends 26 yo daughter is back home yet again and on a waiting list for county rehab. I found some needles in her room yesterday. My boyfriend is scared to confront her on it, because she is so close to getting into a facility. He is afraid she will run. I know he just wants to feel he has done all he can for her. As parents, have you turned the other cheek, just to buy some time?

BTW, I'm staying with friends for the next few nights. I really can't deal with this in my home.
Hi Sacramento....I'm sorry you are going through this right now.

Unfortunately, she will continue to bring drugs and needles into your home. Are you going to spend the night at your friend's every night she is there?
That is YOUR house. What I learned from my exabf was that he wanted to get caught by me. It gave him an excuse to fly away without feeling guilty. It was always my fault. "You shouldn't have been snooping." "You invaded my privacy." That's the insane thinking of addiction.

What if she brings another addict to your house? They look at what you have in your home and rob you.....

What if she brings heat to your home? Such as the police or any other type of drama.

These are some things to think about as you wait until that day comes she goes for help....then again....she could refuse or be unavailable when that day comes.

You will have to set the boundary somewhere.

It's YOUR home.