View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
oshkoshberjosh

Originally Posted by tam View Post
my ah worked where I work for the last 10 years. It was very difficult for me to see him high 24/7, he is on dr.prescribed pain meds, so I had proof. I was very embarrassed and ashamed at his behavior at work. finally after a long struggle I came forward and talked (meltdown really)to our boss. they also came forward too, they didnt know how to handle it since we are married. He was terminated (due to liability on running dangerous equipment) it was hard for me to do this being the manager, but I knew he would get seriously hurt. he also was driving to/from work and passing out behind the wheel and hitting guard rails. I also came forward and told the cops he was driving (this was done outside the job when the police were called to our home). I dont know what your addict does at your company,but you need to handle this as you would any other employee, not at a personal level.
He is the admissions coordinator at the school where I am a librarian. I am pretty sure no one else has noticed because the signs are not very pronounced.

Well actually...there is one other person who knows he's relapsing but she does not seem to see the signs that I do at work.