View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oshkoshberjosh

at work and a little high

So, I am doing my best to detach from my romantic interest, though seeing him every day at work makes this VERY difficult to do.

I also came to the realization that he may not ever be capable of living long term outside of a sober living facility. He was clean for a year before he moved out of one the last time, and he was only able to maintain his sobriety for 9 months after that on his own...and that was when he was renting a room from another recovering addict.

I believe he is showing up to work some mornings a little bit high or coming down off of something. To the best of my knowledge, no one else suspects anything. But I can see it in his eyes and his speech is ever so slightly sloppy on these particular mornings. This means he is also getting behind the wheel of his car in this condition, thus endangering others around him.

As long as he thinks he can get away with this, he will keep doing it. Is it wrong of me to want him to get fired? A part of me wants him to start experiencing the consequences of his relapse back into active addiction.

Should I say something to someone else at work about this? I really just want him gone at this point...for me and for him.