View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LucyA

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
I hear ya Lucy. I miss those every-other-weekends to myself. And, I did and still do have some resentment that my X just goes off and does whatever works for him, leaving me with all the responsibility for OUR kids.

But, I steal my alone time when I can, and take solace in the realization that it goes by so fast (their childhood). My daughter is all but grown up already, and my son is in high school now. It won't be long before my nest is empty. I secretly look forward to that, but I treasure the time with them now, knowing it won't last. *sigh*

L
mine are 13, 14 and 15 (lol, I know!)
all boys too. I just can't wait for a week where I can get in the bathroom!

Joking aside, it is hard being full time mum and dad to all three of them, and having to let them go to part timers whenever they have the time to have some fun. I do sometimes feel resentment that I do all the hard work, then dad or aunty comes along and has the time and the cash to give them a good time.
I console myself with the fact that I'm the one who taught them how to say please and thank you, and that's what gets commented on, along with what nice polite well behaved young men they all are, no one coments on what a good holiday/weekend they must have had lol