View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LucyA

The one thing I really struggle with is time for me!
When I had just my own two kids they used to go to Dads for the weekend, every weekend. Working or not my weekends were sacred!
For two years I've had 3 kids, and I never allowed Joe to go to 'the other Aunts' every weekend, basically because she's crazy and not good for him in large doses ( but he needs to know and spend time with his mums family so he goes from time to time)
But, because he doesn't go places every week, and I guess because my kids are growing up, they don't want to go to Dads every weekend, so they sometimes stay with Mum, lol. I love it, I love that they make their own decisions and plans for the weekend, they fish a lot and play soccer and go out with friends. I just sometimes wish they'd go to dads and the other aunts and leave me for a while!

But knowing this makes me really plan my own time. They're all away for a whole week from Friday. I do not have one spare minute for anyone else that week. I'm still working and I'm going out with friends a few nights, but every minute is planned for ME.
I am so going to enjoy that week alone.
I may even unplug the phone and just keep my mobile on, only close people have that number.

(I'll miss all three of them though!)