View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Womble
Wombling Free

Prescription Drugs & AA

I have been in and out of recovery 15 months now.

The first 6 months were easy...I have no idea why.

Since then I have had more slips than a girl's school wardrobe, the last one lasted 3 days after 6 weeks of sobriety after coming out of Detox.
I am sober now but my Doctor said the reason I slipped was because the advice I received from aa members and my sponser was to get off the drugs, "you are not clean and sober" so I came off and within 3 days was drinking, 3 days later back in hospital, I thought I had had it.
My Doctor although a great beliver in aa says that for now I should trust his judgement to get me through this crisis until I am well enough to come off the diaxipan, the xanex and another tablet for depression, like prozac

I am so weak, dazed and confused, (sleep 14 hours a day) I have parted ways with my sponser , he believes that I have zero sobriety until I am free of all mind altering drugs, as do many others in the rooms.....so I have stopped going to aa until I am clean and can hold my head up and say so. Luckily I have some good freinds in the fellowship who understand and have been through the process, so I am not totally alone...just desperatley unhappy, and totaly confused.

Has anyone any advice or experience concerning my predicament

Yours

Womble