Old 07-11-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
itisatruth

Talk me out of saying some VERY mean things....or don't....I don't know!!!

OMG. I cannot even contain my anger right now...

Deep breaths, deep breaths......

As short as I can make it:
My ex cheated on me with my best friend, I broke off the friendship with her, got back with him. She claimed he forced himself on her. I didn't buy it at the time because her stories didn't match up and I felt betrayed. I have NO idea why I got back together with him. I spent 10+ years in an abusive relationship with him.

I did not talk to her for over 20 years. Around a year ago, we reconnected and worked some things out. About 4 months ago she asked me if I could ask my ex to stop sending her messages on Facebook. I didn't - not my job anymore to deal with him.

Then, last month, HE calls me and asks if I mind if they become "friends". I was veeeerrrry surprised because she had previously told me she wanted nothing to do with him. Because of my surprise, he says....oh, since it seems to bother you, I won't do it....blah, blah, blah.

So, I ask her WTH is going on.....I thought you said he was a creep who you didn't want anything to do with....and she says she would never do anything to hurt me again and they are just "friends" now but what do I think of it. Now here I had a choice of telling her everything I know about the guy (major LOSER), but instead tell her to proceed with extreme caution. (I had already told her a bit of my history with him, that his own son doesn't like him, and that he had already lied to her about having more children.)

So today, I find out they are seeing each other. It literally makes me sick and I'm sitting here trying to figure out why and I want to send them both very mean, angry messages.

To be clear: I have nothing but contempt for the man. So why is this bothering me soooo much. It's none of my business anymore, right!?! I wonder if she's being naive here and if I should tell her more about him.....I really don't know where to go with this....if anywhere.....and it makes me sad that I was able to finally forgive her and now I feel duped again.

Things have been moving in the right direction for me overall. With RAH clean for over a year, I've been mostly working on my own issues - which is proving to be more work than I ever thought it would be. I never dealt with the damage done in that relationship. Maybe that's what's bothering me?? Maybe I finally need to deal with it....it was shoved in the closet and seems to want out now.....

If you made it through all that - what do you think? Would it be wrong to send some nasty messages....or should I just let it go and cut off communication with her again.