View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome!

As a recovering alcoholic I can understand your side of the situation. I know as much as AA has become a way of living for me that it's difficult for non-program people to understand what it's all about. It does take time, patience, love and support in learning to balance our relationships. I had to explain to my husband my meetings, activity in the program and the support I try to impart here is all part of what keeps me sober.

Though, I could lay off the computer time some day's I understand, stop, think about what's urking him and try to restore balance. But see, I didn't know until he said something to me, had a heart to heart, and we talked about it. I guess in some aspects I became neglectful as this was what I had to do to stay sober, but failed to tie in my relationship with my family as part of my program. So we're confused, starting to grow again, and learning to restore balance and that's all important.

Sit down with him, talk to him, explain how you feel. Come up with a plan that works for the both of you, set a date night for the two of you, plan events that everyone enjoy's, compromise what your both willing and able to do. It seems to me you've done your part already, now just ask him how you can help him do his. I'm sure he'll understand when you bring it to his attention, this is how your feeling.

I'd like to suggest if you haven't already, read the chapter in the Big Book, "The Family Afterward", and "For the Wives".. it may help you see what he's trying to accomplish as well, though I agree with you, he may need to give a little more.